To process our transactions we use an internet payment provider "Protx". Protx provides very high levels of internet and physical security to ensure sensitive information is never compromised.
Protx security measures include;
- Credit/Debit card details are secured within 128-bit encrypted sessions.
- Sensitive information is stored on a heavily encrypted database that is protected by multiple governments approved firewalls.
- Using Protx ensures that woodenboxuk.com doesn't have to hold sensitive information on their site, should anyone gain unauthorised access to their database the information they obtain will not allow them to recover credit card details or other sensitive information.
- The possibility of obtaining sensitive information from the Protx database is minimised due to high levels of encryption; firewall security and the measures taken to ensure the information is indecipherable.
For more information on Protx, please visit www.protx.com.
Whenever we are taking any form of sensitive data we force the use of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. This is the industry-standard security protocol, and it's used to communicate with browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Netscape (not a complete list). This prevents anyone else from reading the details you send to us.
What is SSL?
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a protocol developed by Netscape in 1996 which quickly became the method of choice for securing data transmissions across the Internet. SSL is an integral part of most web browsers and web servers and makes use of the public and private key encryption algorithm developed in 1977 by Ron Rivest, Adi Shamir and Leonard Adelman (RSA).
Our SSL certificate is provided by Thawte who are industry leaders in the provision of SSL certification and protection. For more information on the certificate used on woodenboxuk.com, click the padlock symbol that appears in your browser or visits www.thawte.com.
Other Payment Methods
If for any reason you do not wish to use your credit card online to make a payment, you can choose one of the alternative payment options while checking out. Other payment options currently offered include:
- Invoice (please email first to arrange for a credit account to be set up with us)
What to Look For
To ensure that your order is being placed on a Secure Socket Layer, there are several visual clues displayed by your browser.
- First, you will notice the "http" in your browser's URL location has changed to "https"
- In Netscape browsers, you will see the lock located in the lower-left corner will now appear closed with a slight glow
- Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers will also display a closed lock, but in the lower right corner of the browser or to the right of the address bar if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- By looking in the security dialogue in your browser you can inspect the identity of the security certificate owner and be certain that you are trading with woodenboxuk.com.
Regardless of your browser, this website will display these visual clues to reassure you that your information is being transferred securely.